Re: [GFS] RED PLYMOUTH FURY

It's implied in the opening scene that the red car is a Fury in the midst of all of the Buckskin (with silver Sportone trim!) Furys. The book said the original owner had it custom ordered in red. In all of the scenes showing all of the cars, there is never a model name scrip on the fin of the cars. Just the P L Y M O U T H on the ends. King is not a 'car man'. He wrote without research. A fact that still haunts him whenever Christine is mentioned. The car he is sitting on on the back of the hard back book dust cover is a '57 Plymouth. At the time he wrote the book, 1950's Plymouths were dusty, rusty junk no body cared about (except some of us). He wanted a 'working mans' car for the story, not a well known icon of the era (the '57 Chebby was first on the no no list). The Fury name fit the attitude of the lead character.

Our state does not list the color of the car on the title. It doesn't make sense to list it as the color could be changed whenever the owner wants to change it. There is no law that says you have to keep a car its original color.

Larry Stanley
peerless@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Fellow GFS'ers,
  Maybe some of us are forgetting that "Christine" was actually a red
Belvedere & not a Fury at all! I'm sure most people think of Christine as a
Plymouth Fury.
Larry Gammon.

'Thanks & Giving.'
http://us.click.yahoo.com/6iY7fA/5WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/BBiolB/TM