[GFS] Re: A RED PLYMOUTH FURY????????

--- In goldenfin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mikem87" <mmyhrvold@xxxx> wrote:

> Let's get a grip.  Who knows what the factory actually made.  (A
few
> years back a 1960 300F, 4 speed convertible was discovered, prior
> that, only the 7 hardtops were know to exist.) On the cover of the
> 58 Plymouth brochure is a
> red and white Belvedere. I am sure many of those were produced.
And
> I am sure there were some with the GC 350 option.  Which included
> the heavy duty suspension and the GC wheels.  As for Stephen King
> picking a red Fury, Fury sounds better for a killer car than
> belvedere or impala or fairlane.  And red is a good killer car
> color.  I was called by the production company making Christine
and
> I got the impression they didn't care what the pedigree of the 58
> Plymouth was, they just wanted cars.  I offered to rent a couple
of
> mine, but they only wanted to buy.  I did rent mine to the
> movie "Cat's Eye a year or so later.
> --- In goldenfin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, archangel1390@xxxx wrote:
> >

> > Doug,
> >
> >      You seem to write with a lot of authority when you say you
> know they
> > made one red Fury at the factory. What are you basing your
beliefs
> on???? What
> > proof do you have?
> >
> > A letter from Chrysler?
> >
> > A Photo of the car coming off the assembly line? ( Not a movie
> photo)
> >
> > An address and name where the car is now?
> >
> > A friend that can take photos of the car and produce a build
sheet
> showing it
> > is a red Fury.
> >
> > Have you actually seen the car yourself and something that
proofed
> it red
> > from the factory?
> >
> > Do you own this red original Fury?
> >
> >  Ect, Ect, Ect.
> >
> >          I own a Marketing and Research Business and have done
> research for
> > more than 30 years on very technical projects. I spent a good
bit
> of time on
> > the 56-57-58 Furys which I started racing at different race
tracks
> back in 1957.
> >  I have over the years owned seven-----56 Furys----four-57 Furys
> and three-58
> > Furys. These cars totaled more than 160 wins on drag strips on
the
> East Coast
> > as well as setting 2 NHRA records.
> >          Please tell me what you are basing your facts on and
> Please, Please,
> > don't start by saying "This guy told me...................
> >
> >                     Ron Allyn Swartley
> >
> > 56 Fury  (Stock)
> > 56 Fury  ( 392 Hemi )
> > 58 Fury  (Golden Commando )

 well got to say am with mike87 on this one,,who knows for sure what
the plant workers did in there spare time,
 would have liked to have got to talk to some a them workers in 50's
for sure, not everything is set in stone, good reading,,gn

'Thanks & Giving.'
http://us.click.yahoo.com/6iY7fA/5WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/BBiolB/TM