RE: [GFS] 1956 Fury #'s

Hi Josh,

Congratulations on your purchase!  Your low mileage Fury, 38,000 original
miles I believe, is genuine!  It will also be an adder to our Registry which
is always good news.  Your VIN and Body # are "matching", so that pretty
much assures you do have a good old survivor.  The other number the GFS is
interested in, is the motor number.  You can find that on the front of the
block, driver's side, right below where the head mates to the block.  You'll
probably need a lot of degreaser to clean up the area to find it.  When you
do, let me know what you find.  That number, in conjunction with the VIN &
Body #, will let you know if it is the original motor (given the low miles,
it probably is).

Now you have to join up with us in the Golden Fin Society.  Only $15 a year
and that includes six issues of the newsletter.  If you had the latest
newsletter, you would note there is a GFSer in Southern California, Bob
Garman, also a '56 owner, who has some "gold" and stainless for sale -
hopefully he has some for that left front fender.  Send him an email at:
thehotrodders@xxxxxxxxxxx

>From your email addy, are you located in SoCal as well?  Regarding joining
up, email me privately at reatawhippets@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Your car is the 129th '56 Plymouth Fury to be entered on our Registry with
VIN/Body # info of the 4485 produced.  Your car was # 1708 of the 4485
produced, an earlier model.

Congratulations again!

Regards,

Jack Lewis
Founder/Editor-Golden Fin Society (Keeper of the Registry)
1956 Plymouth Fury