Re: [GFS] 1956 Fury #'s

Hello Josh:

    That 56 sounds like a real  find!!  A couple other numbers things you
might check are that when you get  time, you can remove the left rear tire and
see if the number stamped on  the hump on the frame is the same as the engine
number.  That will tell you  that the engine and chassis are the same as they
came from the factory.   You may have to scrape the frame to get to the number.
Mine did not appear  until after I sand blasted the frame.  On the WCFB, if
there is still a  brass tag, it should have the number 2442.  That was the
Carter number for  the 56 Fury four barrels.  I can give you the rest of the WCFB
numbers if  there is not a brass tag.

    I have not had a chance to see the  photos of your find, but will look
again on the web.

    John  Teske

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2xaSZB/SOnJAA/Y3ZIAA/BBiolB/TM