Re: [GFS] REPRODUCTION ENGINE PARTS--290HP 318

Re: [GFS] REPRODUCTION ENGINE PARTS--290HP 318

Ed:

    I had better put in my order, so I  would like at one set of carburetor
spring brackets and one coil  bracket.

    I already have a nice coil bracket  that I had made of stainless at a
local sheet metal shop from a drawing I got  from John Paxo.  It does not have
the studs like you are proposing to make.  I used sheet metal screws.

    In my write up of the June 1957  Plymouth Bulletin picture, I made one
mistake.  The WCFB carburetors  in the picture have the aluminum square base
rather than the "H"  base.  The manifold has the "H" bolt pattern for later
WCFB's and  AFB's.  I managed to find a pair of the original aluminum  square based
WCFB's and had them professionally restored in  Florida.  I also have the
correct aluminum manifold.  When I get time,  I will install them on my 56 along
with the manual choke as shown in the  picture, and of course the spring
brackets when they become  available.

    John  Teske

Yahoo! Groups Links