Re: Fwd: Re: [GFS] REPRODUCTION ENGINE PARTS--290HP 318

Re: Fwd: Re: [GFS] REPRODUCTION ENGINE PARTS--290HP 318

Hi Ed,  I have been waiting to see if anybody came up with a picture or
at least a description of the Return Spring Brackets and the Coil mount
you have been talking about.  I know my 57 Fury 2X4 setup has neither
the Return Spring Brackets or the Coil mount Bracket.
I have a factory 2X4 56 300 setup and it has what looks to be the
factory Coil Bracket and the Carbs both have a small tab on the rear
corner with a spring hooked to it. and the springs go down to a hole in
the linkage.  The Coil Bracket is Triangle shaped and it bolted to the
right rear rear of the engine intake manifold  with two bolts.,  And the
coil & bracket bolts to it.
  Now is this the same setup as what your going to have made or are they
something different.
  I also have a 62 300H  2X4 setup and it has home made spring
Brackets.  And the Coil Mounting Bracket is from a 1969 440 Six Pac
setup.  The coil and bracket bolts to the center of the right side of
the intake manifold.  It looks and works great for a 2X4 inline setup.
Do you know if your new brackets will work on a 62 inline setup?
Thanks  Gary Barker

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/BBiolB/TM