Re: [BULK] Re: [GFS] 1956 Fury oil filter

Re: [BULK] Re: [GFS] 1956 Fury oil filter

Hello Everyone:

    Regarding the updated oil filter  adapter for the 56 and later MoPar's, I
bought mine on eBay about two years ago  and have it mounted on my 56 along
with a high efficiency oil filter.   If you are installing one of these updated
adapters, be sure to also  install a new gasket set if you want the filter to
clean the oil  and to circulate correctly.  The oil seal kit is still
available from  MoPar since it was used for many years.  My total investment in this
was  about $50.

    Due the bends in my right hand exhaust  pipe, I could not mount the new
filter in a down position as originally intended  so it is mounted at an upward
angle.  This does not seem to make any  difference, and allows me to unscrew
the new filter from under the hood if I  choose to do so.

    Unfortunately, I don't have part  numbers handy, but if anyone needs to
know, I can look to see if I can find  mine.

    Regards,

    John  Teske

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: