[GFS] Tulsa

Hi GFSers,

I received the latest update from "Tulsarama" today.  The entry forms can now be downloaded from their website at www.buriedcar.com

The two key dates are March 15 for the "Invitational" car show that will allow for up to 3 cars from each car club.  The entry form is now available and requires very specific info on your car to include condition, value, a requirement for photos etc.  It would sure be great to have each year of our cars represented there - and there is a separate class for each of our three years, ie., trophies for best 1957, best pre 1957 and best post 1957.  I will be the conduit for the forms, representing the Golden Fin Society to Tulsarama.  From what I can tell they are looking for the very best examples of a car's breed to put in the Invitational.  Since logistics is key to Tulsarama's success, and they are seeing an unprecedented WORLD WIDE interest in their weekend, they are getting very strict about their rules.  In turn, in my interface with them, I will have to react to those of you who have an interest in the invitational.  I have seen many cars in our club of all three years that certainly deserve a spot at the invitational, but I will have to choose by two criteria - the deserving, and the first to send their completed form and entry fee to me.  I will then forward the info to Tulsarama.

Second is the "Open" show.  I mentioned this last week.  This show will be in the parking area outside the arena and each Club can have an area.  Info on this show is also on the website with downloadable info.  So far I have two entries for the "Open", myself and Michael Morris.  This cutoff date is a bit more forgiving, April 15.  So if you have an interest in displaying your pride and joy in the "Open" GFS area, send me a check made out to "Tulsarama Inc" in the amount of $20.  I will forward all the entries to Tulsarama prior to their April 15 cutoff.

An advantage to the "Open", is that your car will not be confined to the interior of the Arena for the weekend.  However, I think all GFSers will be most proud to see our 3 years of great Golden Fins represented in the Arena.

So, if you have an interest in either the Invitational or the Open, please let me know as soon as possible and follow up to me with the requirements posted on Tulsarama's website (www.buriedcar.com).

A visit to Tulsa would not be complete without a cruise on Route 66?  Today's USA Today made a note of the Admiral Twin Drive-In in Tulsa on Route 66 as one terrific nostalgia drive-in - a destination for one of our evening cruise(s)?

Regards,

Jack Lewis

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: