[GFS] SHOW BUSINESS VS THE REAL WORLD.

SHOW BUSINESS VS THE REAL WORLD.

      Guys, I am not looking to break  anybody's balloon or rain on anybody's
parade. But I have been in Show Business  for more than 25 years. Show
business is just what it says, Show business. The first thing you learn in show
business is not to make a fool out of yourself by not being prepared for the
show, because your good name is on the line, billboard, advertising, commercial,
ads, etc. Do you really think that the city of Tulsa is so unprofessional
that they are prepared to gamble on bringing up a dirty, rusty, car  with a
couple of flat tires that won't start in front of people from all over the
country and abroad. If you believe that then you probably think that Mickey  Mouse
is a real person and he can really talk and does not age.
     Boyd is part of the show, you can be  sure there will also be at least
one rehearsal without any audience  present. There will no doubt be music at
the unveiling and someone is working on  that also. There are at least 2 or
three guys working on lighting for the  unveiling and a group deciding who will do
the actual unveiling. You really  don't think they are going to unveil a
dirty, rusty, car with flat  tires, that won't start do you? This is why the car
is going to be dug  up and removed from the vault before you get there. The car
will no doubt be  cleaned up as much as it needs to be for the unveiling show
and  believe me it will be started also before the unveiling. Boyd is not
going to go  on a open to the public show that will probably be filmed, video
taped, and  broadcast locally and make a fool out of himself by not being able to
start the  car, and look like a failure before the public. Show business does
not work that  way. Now don't get me wrong, it will not start right up and it
might look  hard to start at first-------but that is why they call it
Show business. When you see a movie at a  theater did you ever notice that
the credits at the end of the movie run for  about 2 minutes. That is the
hundred or more people that prepared the movie for  your viewing. Tulsa also has a
production crew and I am sure it will be great  and I am sure even with this
knowledge of how it works you will still enjoy the  unveiling, but now, you will
appreciate all the hard work that has gone into  this production to make you
get your moneys worth so you leave Tulsa as a happy  camper. I myself would
like to be there if I did not have a prior plans. So  I guess I will just have
to be happy a month later going to the " All  Chrysler National Show at
Carlisle, Pa where they are expecting to break last  years attendance record of 2,475
cars,  All Chrysler Products on their show field and thousands of vendors and
also  large building with the Experimental and concept cars sent in for
display by Chrysler Corporation in Detroit and then ending with the drawling for
a beautiful baby blue  Dodge Swinger.

                                       Ron Allyn Swartley
                                        ( the brutal  realist )

PS.  Tulsa should also have an Edited Edition  Video of the car being dug up
before you get there for the  unveiling and it should be available at the show
or after the show. There will  undoubtedly be at least one guy from the city
of Tulsa that makes his own  amateur video tape of the actual digging up of
the car and that will be cheaper  to buy. (You know -----like the video of
Saddam Hussein's  hanging.)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional