Re: [GFS] 62 plymouth Engine & Trans.

  John,

       I do not see any major problems with changing  your 56 Plymouth Fury Convertible project over to 62 Plymouth 318 since it will still use the same motor mounts I believe. The drive shaft will have to be changed since the lengths are different and the ends may be different too. I do not remember if the 62 Plymouth Aluminum case had the emergency brake on the transmission or not? If it does not have the emergency brake on the tail shaft you will have to change the rear wheel backing plates to transfer the emergency brake to the back wheels. You will definitely have to change the position of the transmission mount since the different size transmission is longer and the drive shaft will have to be shortened like I previous mentioned. Seem to me that it is a lot of work for almost no power gain. I would rebuild the very rare 303 engine and keep it stock. After all you are not going to race it are you.!!!! As far as the buttons working ----------if I was you I would look at the ends of both cables at the transmission. Talk to someone that changed a powerflight  2 speed to a torqueflight 3 speed and they should be able to answer that question. Dick who owns the chrome wire wheel beautiful 56 customize Fury is running a 318  with a torqueflight transmission------you might ask him. He is a great guy and will probably have some answers for you   Dicwlc@xxxxxxx   he lives in Florida, and is a member of the GFS.

Ron Swartley

Hope to see you in Carlisle this year for the GFS Annual National Meet at the " All Chrysler Product National Show  July 11 to 13th.