[GFS] NATIONAL GOLDEN FIN SOCIETY NATIONAL MEET

[GFS] NATIONAL GOLDEN FIN SOCIETY NATIONAL MEET

Title: AOL Email

Well, Fury owners, it is getting to be that time again: time for the Biggest Chrysler Products Show in the World, yes the world.... Bigger than the one on the west coast. The "ALL CHRYSLER PRODUCTS EVENT" at Carlisle Pennsylvania  July 11--13th draws in excess of 2,400 Chrysler Products on the Show Field alone. Another 400 or 500 in the For Sale Corral and approximately 3,000 vendors who bring their Mopar parts to this show. The huge T Building is full of Detroit's Chrysler experimental vehicles, limited edition cars and  dream cars. This year the "GOLDEN FIN SOCIETY" 1956-57-58 Fury's will have their annual meeting at this All Chrysler Products Show. Over the years we have gotten as many as 20 Plymouth Fury's in a row, plus an additional 13 owner who attended the show without their Fury's because of distance or uncompleted restoration. Many drove all the way to Tulsa to see one car pulled out of the ground and got a bonus of a nice car show also.  I wish I could have been there. However this is much, much bigger and since it is the largest, I personally give it priority over all other shows.
    Many of us take our beautiful Fury's to local shows or shows for all different cars. Some of the people there like our cars but at this show in Carlisle it in NOTHING BUT CHRYSLER  PRODUCTS so they really appreciate our Plymouth Fury's.
      Again this year I have gotten special room rates for the Fury owner coming to the show. The "LaQuinta Inn" will give you a room with two double beds, microwave, Internet hookup, free continental breakfast for $69 a night... and that's unheard of around here at this time of year. There is the beautiful " Capitol Diner" just 50 yards from the LaQuinta Inn and the diner sits next to a McDonald's fast food restaurant. Then 100 yards down the other way is a 1950's Restaurant and Bar named " ROD'S ROAD HOUSE"  with four  1/2 of a full size cars mounted on the wall. The HARRISBURG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT is 5 miles down the road also if you are flying in. If you go to only one car show this year ----This should be the one. Don't forget your cameras!!!!! This show is so big that the Carlisle Fairgrounds with is a little less than 100 Acers is filled up and NO PARKING OTHER THAN CARS IN THE SHOW OR ON IN THE FOR SALE AREA ARE ALLOWED IN THE FAIRGROUNDS. All parking for spectators and cars not in the show are parked out side the fairground.

THE VERY NEXT E MAIL WILL TAKE YOU TO A SIGHT WERE YOU CAN SEE PHOTOS OF THE "GOLDEN FIN SOCIETY" AT THIS SAME SHOW OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS. YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!! If you attended watch for your photo and your cars photo/
          Ron Allyn Swartley