[GFS] Chryslers at Carlisle

Hi All,

Sorry for the late information on the event.  We’ve been busy preparing, but not communicating enough.

The Forward Look tent will be in Row ID, #52-53.  This is about 300 feet east of the grandstand stage, where they have the giveaway cars.  (East is towards Gate 2).  We will be with the 1957-59 cars again this year.  It’s a great hangout and relaxation place after walking the swap meet or show field.  As usual, we will have refreshments, snacks, and first aid supplies like sunscreen.  (It always helps if folks bring folding chairs though!)  We have also invited the Golden Fin Society, 59Plymouth.net, Christine Car Club and Plymouth Central folks to share our tent, as we all have common interests.  Look for the big Forward Look banner and the “Flookerang Pennants” ringing the tent.

“Christine” will be featured in Building T, along with a special showing of the movie on one of the nights.  This car is the “Camaro chase car”, and is now owned by Bill Gibson of Florida.  It was formerly owned by Jim & Derek Garvie.

In addition to the Carlisle events, we will also be having our traditional Forward Look events:

Thursday Evening:

Join up with other ForwardLookers at the MoPar Rebellion Car Club Car Cruise.  Note that it has moved to a new location this year -- the new Residence Inn., 1164 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle, PA.  More information on this event can be seen at http://www.moparrebellion.com/docs/KOC2007.doc

Friday Evening:

Something of a tradition, many of enjoy an evening dinner at Hoss’s Steak and Sea House on Carlisle Pike.  Good food, and (my favorite) an all-you-can eat dessert/ice cream bar.

Saturday, 5:30ish:

Please join us for our famous Forward Look dinner!  Dinner, drinks, and a relaxing wrap-up to a busy day.  We generally have around 30 folks from the mailing list and forums gathering to just relax, have a picnic dinner and talk.  It’s always nice to finally put faces with the names of the folks you have known online for years.  The talk at the tent goes on long into the night, so stop by even if you can’t make the dinner.  Bring your photos!

Complete information and schedule for the event is available in this PDF:  http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/pdf/2007_Chrysler_Schedule_Map_Vendors.pdf

-Dave & Juley

Planning for the 2007 edition of the Carlisle All-Chrysler Nationals is in high gear! Making his first ever appearance at Carlisle is "Big Daddy" Don Garlits and with him will be Swamp Rat VIII. Don will be on hand to sign autographs all three days and he will fire up Swamp Rat's big Hemi several times throughout the weekend. Don will also join us at South Mountain Dragway on Friday evening for an additional public appearance.

What would a Wing Car Reunion be without the car that started it all? That's right, we've added the 1969 Charger 500 to the Wing Car Reunion. If you have a '69 Charger 500 you can display your ride with the rest of the Aero Cars! If you own a '69 Charger 500, '69 Charger Daytona or a '70 SuperBird you can register to be a part of what is shaping up to be the largest gathering ever of these sleek cars!

We certainly didn't forget about the Convertible Reunion! If you like your Mopars topless then this is your year. This is open to all years and makes of Chrysler products and if the early registrations are any indication then this display may just blow you away. We have convertibles from Virgil Exner's finned designs to some of the newest and everything in between. We'll even have a convertible that Chrysler never built but should have! Hit the TOP LIFT switch and head to Carlisle in July!

If your favorite Mopars were built before the musclecar era then you'll want to check out the DeSoto display. Every year we get quite a few DeSotos on the show field and many of those are from members of the National DeSoto Club. Be here in July to see some stunning DeSotos or to show off your own.

A well kept secret is the Kick-Off event on Thursday evening hosted by Mopar Rebellion. The Kick-Off had been held at the local dealership for seven years but has outgrown that location and is now moving to the Residence Inn on Route 11 (just north of the PA Turnpike). This event has been drawing fans every year for the relaxing atmosphere, good food, ice cream, DJ, door prizes and more. Admission to the Kick-Off is FREE to all participants and spectators.

There is plenty more to see and do at the All-Chrysler Nationals. There is drag racing at South Mountain Dragway, Standard of Mopar Excellence judging, burnout contest, beauty contest, Club Challenge, Kids at Carlisle, Women's Oasis, Chrysler concept cars, Dyno Challenge, seminars, Invitational Display buildings (click here for the form), Test Drives, Rock Crawl and more.