[GFS] Re: NEW 56 FURY MATERIAL FROM SMS

In a message dated 7/10/2008 2:04:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, cjnewlin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Chauncy
Chauncy,
       Glad to hear you contacted SMS and they are sending you a sample of the brand new 56 Fury material for the seat inserts with the real gold strands running through it.
     You asked if the vinyl color sold by SMS is the right color? That is an excellent question. I think SMS also supply's the 56 Fury vinyl seat material also. I have seen several cars with the old SMS Fury material which was not right and it was usually sewed into a vinyl material that was darker than the original  56 Fury vinyl seat material that came from the factory. What they did was make the vinyl material to match the dash color perfectly instead of using the original lighter shade of beige vinyl material. It does look better than the original vinyl but it is not the original factory color. Now that you mentioned it I will talk to Doug about getting the right color vinyl, like what came from the factory on the 56 Fury. If you get back to me next week I will send you a photos of the right vinyl material and the wrong vinyl material side by side. Since the Carlisle show is this weekend and Wendy and I are hosting the Golden Fin Society clubs get together I am up to my ears in preparation work.

     Ron