Re: [GFS] 58 Commando Starter

Chrysler, like most automanufacturers makes several different starter motors (different starter horsepower)and generator/alternators (different output) for the same engine based on the type of vehicle, engine horsepower/accessories on the car.
Once these starters/generators/altenators have been through the rebuilder/remanufacturer cycle a couple of times they basically come out the same.
So long as you have a listing for a same type of engine and same year, they should work.

---- William Lewis <reatawhippets@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi GFSers,
>
> One of our members just blew the starter on his '58 Fury 350 Commando.  He was told by his friends that it is the same starter as the 361 and 383.  His mechanic says it is not.  Does anyone have a P/N from a popular parts house like NAPA, Autozone, etc; that will get his car going again.
>
> Being a '56 Fury polyhead owner, I have no experience with the '58 Commando's to help him out.  Hope you can help.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Jack Lewis

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional