[GFS] '09 Barret-Jackson

Hi Folks,

We've discussed on this list and in the newsletter the high number of our beloved Fury's changing hands right now.  I also spent considerable time watching the Scottsdale Barrett-Jackson auction the past week and over the weekend.  Prices, despite, the gloss the BJ folks tried to put on it, have really plummeted.  I was particularly depressed when I saw a beautiful '56 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer with Super Red Ram go for under $12K, and an absolutely superb '56 red and white 2dr hdtp Belvedere, with frame off, SMS interior, etc., etc., go for under $19!?  The tri 5 T-Birds, always good for 6 digits, barely made it to $50K except for an E code (2X4bbl) and F code (McCulloch Supercharged), that just eked by $100K (not counting the apparently documented 1st T-Bird that was the first ever to roll off the assy line).  And 440/Hemi RoadRunners that rarely got over $100K.  Yes, some cars did soar past 150K and even to 500K but they were the "Charity" cars and God knows how many "shills" were involved.  An absolutely stunning '57 DeSoto FireFlite 2dr hardtop went for close to $70K and probably would have been $200K+ in 2007 & 2008.

What did you think of the latest BJ weekend?  Would love your thoughts.

Jack