[GFS] Sold It!

All,

It's with mixed feelings that I tell you that I sold my 58 350 Fury.  But, it remains in the club.

You may remember in June Ed Eckerson sent out an e-mail looking for a clean original 58 350.  His needs matched my car exactly, but I had no intention of selling it.  But I was reaching a point where it was harder and harder to keep it in it's original condition.  I'd take it to a cruise and people would suggest that at least I should paint it.  For those who have seen the car at Carlisle, it is totally original with no rust anywhere ever, but it was looking tired.

It took me two weeks of thinking about it before I contacted Ed.  He was interested and since he is not that far away from me he came up to Connecticut to check it out.  And he was thorough.  We put it up on my Backyard Buddy and he must have spent over an hour checking out part numbers.  His conclusion was that it was totally original except for the fuel pump - just the car he was looking for.  And there was no evidence of rust anywhere.  He sent me photos of his beautiful 57 Fury and 59 Sport Fury.  He was looking for a 58 to complete the series.  I became convinced that he was the guy to bring it back to a better condition.

When I had it I used it as a driver.  Drove to Carlisle, about a 500 mile round trip, probably six or seven times.  Drove it to Maine for my daughter's wedding.  Put on about 10,000 miles in 14 years.

Ed's going to restore it as factory correct, removing some of the non-stock things I added.  I see he's just put the AM-FM digital signal seeking radio that I added up for sale.  I wish him all the best,  It should make a beautiful car.

I'm going to remain in the club.  I still love these Furys, and the club is made up of great people.  A special thank you to Jack Lewis for all he does to keep us together.  Who know's what the future holds?

Art Linden