RE: [GFS] QUESTIONS on 58 FURY

Ed,

The "Especially Built for" plaque for '58 was mounted as Ron described.  They were mounted by the dealers if the owner's wanted them so.  From what I've heard over the years, many dealers never bothered to associate those plaques with the cars, therefore new owners were not even aware of them.  Will send a photo I took of McQuillen's '58 Fury that I took at the 2001 Nats at the Chrysler Museum.  They were much bigger than the dash plaques for the '59 Sport Fury's.

Regarding power steering pumps in '58, there were two options.  The Thompson-Built Power Steering Pump and the name Thompson is on the pump, looks much like today's pumps with round reservoir and pulley attached.  The one you describe is the second option - the Chrysler Built Power Steering Pump.  It has the small coffee can looking item on it secured by wing nut.  The date of manufacture is stamped on the mounting bracket.

Jack Lewis