[GFS] LOCAL BREAKING NEWS: Carlisle Events Purchases Former IAC Industri

[GFS] LOCAL BREAKING NEWS: Carlisle Events Purchases Former IAC Industrial...

  Carlisle has the largest Chrysler Product and Corvette show in the WORLD. They also have 8 other shows and two large auctions each year.

Subject: LOCAL BREAKING NEWS: Carlisle Events Purchases Former IAC Industrial Campus

** FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE **

Carlisle Events Purchases Former IAC Industrial Campus

Carlisle Events to Acquire Tenants to Benefit Local Economy

Carlisle, PA – November 30, 2010 -- Carlisle Events today announced that it has purchased the 48-acre manufacturing plant, formerly known as the IAC Industrial Campus, located at 50 Spring Road in Carlisle, Pennsylvania.  Philadelphia-based commercial real estate firm, CB Richard Ellis, Inc. represented the seller, International Automotive Components during the sale of the property.

The property consists of nearly 900,000 square feet of usable building space, a 23-acre paved and lighted parking lot, 25-acre fenced site with multiple buildings suited for multi-tenant occupancy and a railway spur served by Norfolk Southern Railway (NSRR).  NSRR has trackage rights over Amtrak's Northeast Corridor from Philadelphia to Washington, D.C. and provides service between Hagerstown and Harrisburg, Harrisburg and Perryville, and the Delmarva Route from Wilmington to Pocomoke City.

Bill Miller, Jr., co-owner of Carlisle Events stated, “This is an exciting time for Carlisle Events and Cumberland County.  While there are many ideas and rumors circulating in regards to the use of the property, Carlisle Events has no immediate plans for the property; however, we are actively seeking tenants who wish to lease portions of the facility which will hopefully lead to new employment opportunities within the community and help benefit the local economy.  Located minutes from Rt. 11, I-76 and I-81, we firmly believe the location has tremendous opportunity for multiple industries including automotive.  We look forward to working with various development entities and manufacturers as we pursue leasing options for the property in the months to come.”

In addition to securing tenants for the facility, whether in part or as a whole, Carlisle Events will continue to use the acreage between Clay Street and Spring Road for additional parking during their 10 automotive events held at the Carlisle, PA Fairgrounds and 2 collector car auctions held at the Carlisle Expo Center.

“Our events draw over a half million in attendance annually and contribute over 98 million dollars to the local economy.”  Lance Miller, co-owner of Carlisle Events continues, “We were bursting at the seams.  Carlisle Events has experienced substantial growth over the last 36 years and this purchase seemed like the next logical step in the evolution of our company.  The ability to provide ample parking for our guests and decrease traffic congestion by having a 23-acre lighted and secured parking area that can efficiently get guests into our venue is beneficial to Carlisle Events’ future and the community as a whole.  We will be reviewing ideas for the future and look forward to continuing a long-term relationship with the Empire Friendship Fire Fighters Association, who signed a 99-year lease for their location in January of 1994.”

After acquiring ownership, Carlisle Events has confirmed that the property will be secured 24/7 by a private organization and HVAC systems will be evaluated by Tuckey Mechanical Services, Inc., as the property is prepared for the coming winter.  Tuckey will be researching alternative methods to heat the property to ensure in the future it is environmentally conscious and energy efficient.  Bill Miller comments, “As one of the most recognized and respected names in the region, Tuckey Mechanical Services, Inc., has worked diligently to provide an abundance of technical resources and highly-skilled technicians to keep pace with the ever-changing heating and cooling needs of commercial customers in the Central Pennsylvania region for over 40 years.  We are very excited to have Tuckey onboard during this transition.”

For more information regarding lease opportunities on the property, please contact Carlisle Events at (717) 243-7855.

About The Carlisle Expo Center

In 2002, Carlisle Events purchased the former Piezo Crystal plant property at North West and K Streets and named it the Carlisle Expo Center. Included are a 6-acre site, 30,000-square-foot building and more than 300 parking spaces.  Currently the Carlisle Expo Center is the home of Carlisle Auctions during the Spring and Fall Carlisle Collector Car Swap Meet and Corral.  When not used for these events, the property is available to be leased for business, private, and public functions.  For more information about the Carlisle Expo Center, contact the Expo Manager at (717) 243-6121.

About Carlisle Events

Carlisle Events, host of 10 annual collector car, truck and motorcycle events, attracts more than half a million people to its 102-acre facility in Carlisle, PA each year. Included in the annual events schedule are two huge automotive swap meets, two auctions –Spring and Fall – and individual specialty shows featuring Corvettes, Fords, GMs, Chryslers, trucks, motorcycles, tuner cars/modern customs, imports and kit cars. Founded in 1974 by friends Bill Miller and Chip Miller, the “Cars at Carlisle” shows attract automotive enthusiasts from around the world.

Information about Carlisle Events, Carlisle Auctions and Carlisle Expo Center is available to consumers via the Internet at:

www.CarlisleEvents.com

www.CarlisleAuctions.com

www.CarlisleExpoCenter.com

#  #  #

Journalist note:  For high-resolution photography and more information on Carlisle Events, visit www.CarlisleEvents.com.  Information about Carlisle Events, event listings, auction offerings and the Carlisle Expo Center is available to journalists by phone:

 Chris Hann, (717) 243-7855, ext. 123

The large black mccadam are on the left was this purchase. Carlisle Fairgrounds is shown on the right side of the  road about 80 yards up.