Re: [GFS] Spark plugs

I use the same plugs that I use in my 383 road runner, Champion J11Y if I can find them, If not, J12YC.
The best answer is to use what works.  The gasoline today is not at all the same as the gas in the 1950's.  The gas today is made for pressurized fuel injection systems, not for carburetors. Also if you use electronic ignition instead of the point distributor, you get a hotter spark and may not need as hot a plug.  My GC 350 Fury has points, Packard 440 solid core wires (left over form the 1960's) and runs fine.
---- Glenn Barratt <FURY@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What plugs are you guys running on your 57 Fury 318 engines and 58 Fury 350
> engines? The original factory manual stated they took the same plug, AR32,
> but now the Autolite website says that the 57 318 takes a #85 and the 58 350
> takes a #86!
>
> Why were they the same when they were made, but now one takes a hotter plug
> than the other?
>
> I appreciate any informed opinions.
>
> Glenn.

<*> Your email settings: