Re: IML: Restoring convertible top plastic window; Help needed

Re: IML: Restoring convertible top plastic window; Help needed

In a message dated 1/17/2005 4:57:37 AM Eastern Standard Time, WBinegar@xxxxxxx writes:

used 2500 to 6000 grit wet sandpaper to get scratches out of aircraft canopies and worked pretty good. The 2500 is for deep scratches.  Also their is a cleaner/ polisher for aircraft plastics and it is out in the garage. If you need the name I will go out to the garage Mon.

Thanks, I have thought of using a very fine sandpaper, but am uncertain if browning is on the surface or internal.  I guess a test spot would be the best course of action.  I know McGuires offers plastic cleaner and polish, but haven't been able to find it locally.

John - Atl