Sent: Friday, January 28, 2005 11:11 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: foreigners and our cars

it is hard to believe that overseas car hobbyists are not as greedy as they are here in the US.human nature knows no geographical boundaries. i have been involved in this hobby about three years and it did not take long to see how many people see this as a big money grab.not everyone of course as i have met some very nice people.occasionally you will meet someone who will give you a part or sell it very cheaply, but when i recently had to pay 150.00 for a brake drum for a 54 chrysler i was appalled.i suppose prices are "what the market" will bear, however, when people ask tousands of dollars for a car that is a #10 and only good for parts then there is a problem with the hobby.on ebay there is a bulls eye headlite already up to 65.00 and i have seen them sell for 100.00 each. this is absurd. my car came with them and i did not know their value. now i am considering removing them and putting regular bulbs in as i am afraid someone will try to steal them and damage my car in the process.i still enjoy my car but i know that anyhting i need will lighten my wallet considerably. dennis
âÃÃzâmNâjjÅÃÃ"Â1ÅÅâzââÅÅÅââÂwÂÂ{ââwâÂxÂâjjÂâÂÂÅÂÂÂmÅÃjÂzâmNI	ÂÂÅââÂÅÂm