Re: IML: Budd calipers

> I want to pick up the parts needed  to do supra
> rotor conversion. I have 1968 Imperial Convertable.
> How can I tell if it is a crown or lebaron the auto

It doesn't matter, and I'm not sure what the called
the drop-top anyway.  Maybe crown convertible?
Anyway, they all use the same brakes.

> parts stores have asked that question. Also if I get
> the toyota rotors the budd calipers should fit them
> or do I have to get toyota calipers.  As I get the
> parts (hopefully) i sure I'll  have more questions.

The Budd calipers will fit the supra rotors just fine.
 The great thing about the conversion is that it is
relatively transparent to the rest of the braking
system and the car.  In fact, when I did the
conversion on my (now gone) 67 Crown, I purposely only
did one wheel (the passenger front) at first, then
took the car out and drove it hard for a couple of
weeks to see a) how durable the conversion was, and b)
if it worked the same as the original brakes, which I
kept on the driver's side front wheel.  I am proud to
say it passed both tests with flying colors.

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Beautiful Boxcar
American Grandeur and