RE: IML: Speedometer on '68

If it's an all "mechanical" speedometer, I would think it would either work or not.  Any error would be because the wheel/tire diameters have changed, the rear end gearing has changed, or both.

Bill

Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 5:51 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: IML: Speedometer on '68

Does anyone know that if my speedometer is off (it works and the tripometer and odometer work) about 10-15 mph, is it just a remove and lube issue or some kind of gear issue in the speedometer itself that needs to be sent off and repaired?  Couldn’t find anything on it in the archives.

Thanks

Mister Ed

’68 Crown Convertible