From: TomChoice <tcsibor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 09:12:58 -0800
Subject: IML: 1968 Axle question.

I just finished rebuilding my Budd calipers and while the car was in the
garage, I figured I would do the rear brakes as well. The drivers side went
great, but when I went to do the rear passenger side, everything in sight
was oily. The axle seal seems to have expired.

I pulled the axle, yanked the inner axle seal out and replaced it with a new
one. Put the axle shaft back as per the FSM. Went to adjust the shaft
endplay, and that is where my problem is. I am at the end of the adjuster,
but cannot get the end play to the .013 to .023 spec that the factory
recommends. I have more like .070. I followed the FSM procedure as well.
Unfortunately, I did not think to measure the end play before I removed the
axle, for a comparison.

Anyone else BTDT? Any thoughts welcome.

Thank you
Tom