IML: Radios, '62 LeTom, Club Appreciation

IML: Radios, '62 LeTom, Club Appreciation

I had a friend who had a '66 LeBaron around the time I had my '65 Crown Coupe years ago, so I had a good reference for some of the differences. I think his had the AM/FM Search radio.

Did anyone notice the manual windows in the '62 LeTom Coupe? I think I can even make out a black plastic manual seat adjuster. Even the lower body chrome trim option is absent. A rare LeTom it is.

Greg, I'm with you about learning from the club. I'm continually informed, and often corrected (on a daily basis the past couple of days, infact), by
the vast knowledge base that our fellow members hold. This format seems to work especially well for us to pass ideas and information back and forth. A big thanks to one and all.

Eric
Portland, Oregon
I looked for the build sheet when I removed the seats just prior to the car
leaving for its restoration.  Turned up zilch!  Man, was I disappointed.
Who knows, maybe the original owner had the '66 am/fm unit installed later
after he saw one in a '66 model.  I've owned the car since '96 and had no
idea until this thread began that the radio in the car wasn't available in
the '65 models.  I learn so much from this group!

As much as I've tried to keep the car totally '65, I am not going to change
the radio.  I like the search tune button (both on the floor and on the
radio) as none of my other collector cars have it on the floor.  One of my
GM cars has it on the radio though.

I appreciate the posts regarding the '65/'66 radios.  I've certainly been
'enlightened'!

Greg McDonnell