Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 3:07 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: IML: 80-83 imperial question.

Where are you located?  The last thing I need is another one, but....
doesn't mean I wouldn't want a peek.  81-83 are basically
indistinguishable.
  There were some very minor trim differences (chrome around headlights,

more detached pillows on the seats) and I believe the radio options
changed,
but otherwise everything should be the same.  I don't think you'd have
sell a clean trans am to get one.  They generally don't have the
greatest
resale value.  I have seen several for under $1000.  A nice one won't
set
you back more than $2,500- 3,000.

The main thing to look for is to see if it has been converted from efi.
If
it hasn't how well does it run? If it has, was it a factory job or a
backyard hack job? Be somewhat leery of any non-factory conversion, but
have had one for five years with a 360 4bbl and 727 trans and it has no
issues with the conversion other than a LOUD fuel pump and a fuel gauge
that
reads full for half a tank and then drops twice as fast as it speeds
toward
empty.

Rob

>From: henry ford <fordsfairlane@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: IML: 80-83 imperial question.
>Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:49:18 -0800 (PST)
>
>I was riding with my wife while we went to family and friends this
easter,
>and ( thanks to the welth of info from the IML web site) I was able to
spot
>2 80's imperials sitting at a local used car lot, one car was sort of a

>gold color, and the other was blue. both needed a paint job, but other
than
>that I dont know much about the cars, the car lot was closed , \
>
>the reason im posting this is to let any member who maybe looking for
one,
>to email me and I will help them buy the cars. I cant aford to buy them
,
>and yes I already tried begging my wife to let me sell my near mint 86
>trans-am. or atleast trade it for the imperials , but she wouldnt let
me.

>both cars look about the same, but Im not sure what year they are just
yet,
>will ask the car lot when they reopen .
>
>my question is how can one tell what year they are just by looking ?
what
>to look for?

E-MAIL NOTICE

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
confidential and/or privileged information. Any review, use, disclosure or distribution
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply and destroy all copies of
the original message. Thank you.
To reply to our E-mail Administrator directly, send an email to Postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or call (707) 568-6000 and delete this email.