Re: IML: Anyone know the difference between 55/56 Imperial tail lites?

TED, THE TAIL LIGHTS ON THE 55 AND 56 ARE DIFFERENT. THE 55 MOUNTS ON TOP OF THE FENDER AS DOES THE 56 BUT THE BASE BEHIND THE RIGHT REAR FLIPS OPEN ON THE 55 AND THE TAILFIN ON THE 56 SWINGS OPEN. THE LENSES ARE INTERCHANGABLE BUT THAT IS ABOUT IT.

From: Cebuisle2@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: Anyone know the difference between 55/56 Imperial tail lites?
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 12:23:28 EST

Hello-

I just went out to the garage with a complete '56 Imp tail light assembly
including the chrome base, and held it next to the tail light assembly on my
'55 Imp. I can see no difference whatsoever. Of course, the 55 has a gas filler
cap on the right tail light base support, while the left side doesn't. I
don't know if the gas filler on a '56 Imp is the same or located elsewhere on
the fender. Too many years have passed, can't remember! The two years have
identical assemblies. including lenses as far as I can see, at least for the left
side of the car.

Anyone else?? TED