Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2005 1:18 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Imperial Fins

Actually, the '62 and '63 Imperial have exactly the same "amount of fin". The only difference between the two being the change from "attached" tail lamps to the integral style.

Other changes lessened the impact of the fins on the '63 model, such as the squared off roofline, slightly different shaped side windows, new side trim that wrapped around the rear, and rear bumper back-up light extensions.

It may be that the disappearance of the Imperial fin was more subtle than everyone thought.

Paul