RE: IML: 1974 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron / Airstream towing options?

RE: IML: 1974 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron / Airstream towing options?

I have a like new Reese hitch Class 3 with special mounting plates that
bolts to a 74 - 75 Imperial and 76 - 78 NYB in excellent condition that I
will sell for $300 + freight.  It has a 2" receiver for a load leveling
hitch.  You will be able to install it yourself by only drilling two holes
that are already center punched for you in the back of the car.  The other
two holes are already there with rubber plugs.  The hitch fits tightly under
the car and is bolted in such a way that the bumper shock absorbers still
work.  The reason there are few, if any, welded kits for this car is that
there is nothing significant to which to weld in the back of the car.  The
unibody frame extensions are very thin and the special mounting plates and
bolts with spacers are a much better solution.  Hitch weighs about, I'm
guessing, 80#.

Henry K. Blair, Jr.
henryblairjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Office (770) 643-0846