Re: IML: leather seat reconditioning?

--- henry ford <fordsfairlane@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> so is it possible to only repair the part of the
> seat with the tears or would I need the entire front
> seats recovered. also what would be good to soften
> up the rear seat leather to help prevent tears. and
> get rid of the old smell?

A good upholstery shop should be able to replace the
torn leather pieces, while keeping the good original
pieces.  Some really good information about leather
seats is available on our club website at
http://www.imperialclub.com/Repair/Interior/Leather/.
I have also used the Leatherique products that Kerry
describes on this page, and would recommend them
(http://www.leatherique.com/).  And the Leatherique
will help improve the fragrance of the seats as well.

> I live in kentucky 60 miles west from bowling green
> and 74 miles north west from nashville TN. if anyone
> has info contact me off the list .

Are you anywhere near Clarksville, TN?  We go through
there all the time on the way to visit my wife's
family in Indiana.

> my car wont be ready for any trips this year, but im
> planing on going to the chattanooga meet in may
> 27-30 hope to see everyone there,

Sure hope we see you there!  I'll have my '71 Imperial
there, so you can see how the Leatherique worked on
the seats.

Elijah

http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/
http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/bookshelf.htm