RE: IML: Starter in a '66 Coupe

On my '68, it turned out that the problem was the smaller wire to the starter. It has a break someplace inside the harness. I finally made a jumper from the relay to the smaller terminal on the starter and the car starts everytime now. I think this had been an intermitant problem for previous owners for many years. I also don't think that any one ever figured it out. There were two rebuilt starters and four new relays, plus a used ignition switch stored in the trunk.

Paul