From: Wm. R. Ulman <twolaneblacktop@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 08:16:11 -0700
Subject: RE: IML: Disc Brake Conversion Kits?

All things being the same in the universe as they have previously been to my
knowledge, for the either '59, or '60, not quite sure through the '66 model
year there has not been, nor is there, but hopefully one day there will be,
a disk brake conversion kit.

You mention that your friends with fine Chrysler products were able to get
conversion kits for his Forward Look vintage MoPar's.  That is great!  They
have 10-inch brakes.  Imperial is Imperial, and not the same.  Imperial has
12-inch brakes so the kits mentioned would not be a viable alternative.  In
addition, you must consider the vented rims, and since there are no
aftermarket rims available other than Ford truck rims of a certain vintage,
and the wire wheels offered via Coker, owners of Imperials of the
above-mentioned years are SOL for disk conversion.

Having just had Doris serviced, or rejuvenated if you will, Doris's brakes
work wonderfully, and will scare the doo doo out of anybody who cuts Doris
off in heavy traffic at the last second to avoid the off ramp and then slams
on the brakes for stopped traffic ahead.  Having cut me off and taken up my
stopping room (this happened Monday) I hit the brakes, hard, and the rears
locked up, burning rubber, a slight breakaway from the rear, and Boy Howdy!
Cars around me scattered!  The car that cut me off made a panicked maneuver
into the emergency portion of the highway, but Doris handled the 6000 lb car
screeching tires to a sudden halt panic stop flawlessly.  Mr. or Ms. Dummass
who cut me off will think twice about that again, or pick another itsy-bitsy
import to cut off.

Those old classic Dead Teenager songs from the early 60's are true:  "The
last thing I remember was the sound of screeching tires and busting glass"
is a line from "Teen Angle" I think, or some similar song.

Remember a happy moment in your life for the next five seconds, and then
with that memory go forward and make today a great day everyone!

Wm. R. Ulman
Seattle, WA
twolaneblacktop@xxxxxxxxxxx