Sent: Saturday, May 07, 2005 2:17 PM
Subject: IML: 57-58 Rear Bumpers

I just returned from an informal car gathering here in Portland,
Oregon.  There were hundreds of cars: they just show up for the fun of
it.  I took my '61 Convertible, top down, and I guess I can say that at
least I had the best Imperial there.  Tons of Fords and Chevies of course.

While there, I saw a very nice '58 Imperial Crown Southampton for sale
($12,500).   It had a '57 rear bumper.

Now I have seen other '58s with the '57 bumper from time-to-time and am
now wondering just how prevalent this is?  I know that we often dismiss
these things as "Chrysler using up leftover parts" and I suppose this
could be one of those cases, but thought I'd poll the electorate and see
if anybody has any other knowledge, thoughts or ideas?

Ken Miller
Former long-time owner of two 57s