Re: IML: Dirty Oil in my 440

Some one has already mentioned the best way to clean it out. That is to drop the pan, clean it, and remove the valve covers and clean them out, too.

Something else that comes to my mind is the condition of your crankcase ventilation system. Be sure that your pcv valve is working correctly, and that there isn't a vacuum leak someplace that is robbing vacuum from the system. Sometimes dirty oil is a result of inadequate crankcase ventilation. This can also pressurize the crankcase, blowing out seals, and cause the increased formation of sludge. Engines that can't breath will quickly ruin themselves. This can happen in as little as 25,000 miles.

Paul