Sent: Monday, May 09, 2005 5:38 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Dirty Oil in my 440

I use a product made by Nulon, "Engine Oil Flush" for oil change clean ups. There are a number of other brands available, your auto parts store probably stocks several. Add to your oil and run engine for 10-15 minutes (or the time mentioned on the particular product you buy) then drain the warm/hot oil. You will find it takes some time to drain out. I presume you are changing the oil filter at the same time. It is also important to use a quality oil. I have found Mobil semi synthetic oil (Synth S) works best for me but living in Sydney Australia I may have different climatic requirements. I change my oil every 4 months regardless of distance travelled.
John Huntington
1967 Imperial Convertible
1972 Dodge Challenger 340