Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2005 8:03 PM
Subject: IML: 1960 Imperial. Why was it a one year only design?

With all the recent postings regarding the 1960 Imperial, I'd like to ask the List why was this striking car a one year only design? If this has been discussed before, my apologies for asking. I'm curious as to why Chrysler would have gone to the trouble and expense of tooling up for a car whose bodystyle would only last one year. Was any of the sheetmetal interchangeable with the '59 or '61?

Greg McDonnell
'65 Crown convertible