Re: IML: plates on the trans mount/adjustment shims

Re: IML: plates on the trans mount/adjustment shims

No, they are only supposed to be under the center bearing and at the mounts for the rear axle support struts. Under normal conditions, those are the two places (actually three since there are two support struts) shims are placed to obtain the correct angle.

It is possible that, if someone replaced the rear springs with the wrong arc, it would be necessary to add shims all over the place to compensate for that error.

Paul W.