RE: IML: 56 Balist Resistor

One more thing....just take the part in, tell that it is a Chrysler part, and ask them to look on the shelves for one that looks like it...but, I would try the Dodge truck first. We actually pulled the one out of our 1978 Dodge Chassis motorhome to put on Chad's truck after I robbed him of his. So, it seems that finding an nterchange shouldn't be that hard, and if I remember right, the ballast resistor on my sister's 1966 Newport was also the same one.

Teresa

From: "Chad & Teresa Smith" <hemi_powered@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: IML: 56 Balist Resistor
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 06:37:17 -0700

Jeff,

The ballast resistor was junk in my 56 as well...I will tell you what I did. I walked across the driveway, opened the hood on my husbands 1974 Dodge pickup, examined it..huh, sure enough...same darn thing....stuck it in my car, and away I went... You can buy a new one for a 1974 dodge pickup without problem. Got any friends with 1970s dodge pickups with a 440? I have been driving the car for two years on the ballast resistor...no problems.

Teresa Smith