IML: Were pin stripes original on 66 Crowns?

IML: Were pin stripes original on 66 Crowns?

My '66 Crown Convertible Coupe has the gold lined headlight covers, and was original to the car, as was the pinstripe (White stripe on Baby Blue/Robins Egg, Whatever it was called!).  The pinstripe was an added cost feature as were the original tires.  What Bias-Ply tires could be optional on an Imperial?  Whitewalls?  Bah!  Although I seem to recall something about Nylon belted (?) maybe?  Nowhere on the window sticker did it say anything about the headlight covers being neither optional, nor extra cost.  The '65 with the vertical stripes and the '66 with the solid single band around the perimeter of the headlight cover, I would argue were not extra cost.  They were also on lesser (?)  Chryslers, such as the 300L, and I believe the New Yorker.  Although I have never seen headlight covers of this vintage without the gold striping.  I may be wrong,  yes, it has happened before, but if it is in writing somewhere, I sure would like to see it and know how many cars DID NOT have the gold, which goes back to my comment that all I have ever seen is WITH the gold striping.  My original window sticker got stolen by a crack addict (I assume) a few years back along with the original Certi-card, owners manual, and blue vinyl cover.

This type of malicious act of vandalism should be punishable by death via Pinto rear ending.  No, this is not too extreme a punishment, but that is just my own conservative side coming out.  I have not found replacements of any afore mentioned items.

May a reproduction of the window sticker from Chrysler Archives be obtained at whatever cost?  Does the Certi-Card have to be specific to the VIN on the car, or would any one work for show?  As in were they randomly issued for the cars and the dealer input the car’s information into the pre-historic, archaic, monolithic, lights a gaa-gaa, takes up an entire room, kept cold for the computer that would now have more function and memory, processing power in a Palm Pilot?

If anyone has an owners manual, blue vinyl cover, and/or Certi-Card I could sure use one of each.

Since I have a convertible, I will stay away from the interior dome light issue.  I personally prefer the black bars of the convertible top, if it is up, which is rare.

Happy 4th of July to everyone!  Please keep in mind the spirit of the day and the mighty will, determination, the insufferable sacrifice our compatriots had, and endured, for a young colony to be independent and free.  This right to freedom for EVERY American holds true to this very day.  Though we are heading in a direction, our founding fathers would frown upon IMHO.  I still cherish, and celebrate our freedom…while we still have it.  Please remember our freedom cannot, should not, will not ever be taken for granted…unless we as a nation, the people, let it.  Freedom can be removed (is?) slowly, and under pretense.  We may have yet another revolution in our future if those who run this country (Bi-Partisan) do not watch their step.  Viva la USA!  (Plagiarism, true, but appropriate).

Wm. R. Ulman

Seattle, WA

'66 Crown Convertible Coupe - Doris Day

'95 Buick Roadmaster - Rock Hudson