IML: Jay King is THE King of Hemi trivia today!!!

IML: Jay King is THE King of Hemi trivia today!!!

Jay King is the Hemi Trivia Master for today, and
should be awarded the respect and admiration that such
obscure knowledge deserves.

While other men were out memorizing baseball and
hockey stats, he was hard at work memorizing
mechanical trivia, and was paying attention so very
early or very late here (I posted very late at night
on purpose) so my hat's off to you and your 1973, Jay.
(write me off list with your address and your eagle
will fly your way immediately)

Honorable mention goes to Eric for accurately finding
the page on the club website that features the actual
plane that I was referring to.  I've asked several
questions in the past and nobody really seemed to
connect the dots between my focus on putting printed
lit up on the website and me asking obscure questions.

Next time the article gets held back to make it
tougher(!), but I'm very pleased that someone is being
more obvious about looking through our reference
material!

For those of you that have never actually seen what a
Hemi looks like, check out this cool ad and other
stuff:

http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1954/Ads/Hat.jpg
http://imperialclub.com/Articles/Hemi50Years/index.htm
http://imperialclub.com/Articles/HemiSpotters/index.htm

Thanks to all who answered for spending several (or
several hundred?) calories thinking about this.  I'll
try to come up with something even more obscure on the
next one.

-Kenyon

--- Jay King <j_king@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, list,
>
> The secret is that it wasn't an automobile; the
> Chrysler hemi was developed for fighter aircraft
> during World War II.
>
> Jay King
> Meridian, Mississippi

Kenyon Wills