RE: IML: Imperial carpet(ing?)

I'm surprised you haven't gotten any helpful response. I'm pretty sure our own Dick B. used to be a distributor for one of these outfits. Maybe he and his beautiful bride are on one of their vacations. I'm also pretty sure that most of these companies buy the pieces from the same source and then distribute them. Hold on for Dick B. I'm sure he'll be helpful as always.

Rob

From: "bryan st mary" <bryanst428@xxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: Imperial carpet
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 04:07:57 -0600

I'm in the process of replacing the interior of my 1965 Imperial Convertible. I'm not sure if I should buy molded carpet from Auto Interiors + Upholstery ($131) or 1A Upholstery ($171) or just have an upholsterer cut the pattern himself. Has anyone dealt with these companies? This carpet is loop pile cut but not sure if this is correct. Maybe I should have household carpet cut and installed.

A friend purchased carpet for his 1965 LeBaron from JC Whitney and the upholsterer said it crap and didn't fit right; he ended up altering the carpet significantly to fit the car. I think the carpet looks thin and cheap; not plush like the carpet Imperials were originally equipped with.

Any input from someone who's already dealt with this would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bryan