RE: IML: 59 imperial and the long way to full restoration.

RE: IML: 59 imperial and the long way to full restoration.

If it makes you feel any better....

When I got my '59 Imperial, Eileen, years ago we quickly found that #1 cylinder had rusted through and was dumping water in to the cylinder.   Many people smarter than I said to dump the block and the machine shop was having duck fits to just move my stuff over to a 440 block.  Like you I wanted my original engine so I had it sleeved and have bee quite happy with the result and knowing that the engine in the car belongs in the car.

With that said if you do loose your mind and decide to replace the block you can get another one from '59 and no one other than you will ever know the difference.  There were no serial numbers on the blocks but the were stamped "MR 413" so you do need another '59 casting.

                   Steve B.