Re: IML: Oil Pressure

It is normal for it to take time to bring the oil pressure up after a change, especially when a brand new filter has been installed. I have heard that this can be alleviated some, by "priming the filter".

If you think that the oil pressure in your car is too low, I would certainly NOT recommend driving it to bring it back up. You are far better off NOT driving it, and waiting to see if you hear anything. Generally, if the car has no oil pressure, the lifters will start to clatter and then become louder. Sitting in the driveway, you can shut the car off immediately if you think something is wrong. Driving it will almost certainly ruin the motor, if it turns out that there is a problem.

Paul W.