Re: IML: Rubber fuel line question..

Sorry  misunderstood     good luck JB
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob P" <fristpenny@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 5:59 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Rubber fuel line question..

:I don't know if this is a joke or not... I can't sell the remainder on
e-bay
: because 18" is nowhere near enough hose.  I need more and the stores only
: have J30R7.  my car is not a "work of art" it's a battered 1982 that I'm
: using to learn about fuel injection and get to work.  The difference in
hose
: is $15 v. $108.  That's significant in a car that cost $700. The "7" hose
is
: allegedly made to withstand modern and oxygenated fuels, but the burst
: strength is only 175 psi.  The "9" hose withstands 900 psi. My car only
runs
: 12-14 lbs of pressure so I don't want to drop the other $100. I attach an
: analysis cribbed from a Dodge truck site that took it from Goodyear.
:
: Rob
:
: Goodyear Hysunite Fuel Line/Emission Control Hose - 25 ft.
:
: This Hysunite fuel line/emission control hose from Goodyear is designed
: especially for gasohol and later carbureted vehicle applications with high
: under-the-hood temperatures. The cover is oil and gasoline-resistant and
: withstands exposure to fuel, vapor, moisture, and high heat up to 250
: degrees F. The Chemigum rubber tube is specially compounded to resist
: gasoline, oil, diesel, and other fuels, while the high-strength synthetic
: textile reinforcement brings minimum burst to 175 psi. This hose meets SAE
: specification J30R7. PN: GTR-65128
: $15.69 from Summit or any parts store (Pep Boys, AutoZone, Checkers, etc.)
:
: Same as above but meets SAE J30R9. Good to 300 F, 900 PSI. This is a
higher
: quality fuel hose that is commonly called "fuel injection hose" rather
than
: "emissions hose." It will withstand higher temperatures, has a nicer
coating
: on the outside and seems like it'll hold more vacuum. Probably "overkill"
: for our low pressure system, but it is a nice piece of mind.
: PN: GTR-65153 $108.39 from Summit
:
: