From: "Brooks Harkey" <vm.dude@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: Transmission Parts Information - Torqueflite and all (was
727 hard parts and soft parts are both easy to find.  If he's telling =
you
that, he might just be trying to justify running the price up, or sees =
you
have an Imperial and thinks you're automatically rich.  (:-D)

Most hard parts just keep going (gears, drums, shafts, and the like).  =
You
always replace all the soft parts (seals, clutches, steel plates, etc).  =
The
soft parts always come in a kit.  About the only time you ever need to
replace a hard part is in the case of catastrophic failure, as in, some =
hard
part just flat out broke.  And 727's are well known as durable, =
long-lived,
etc.  In any transmission, over time, rubber seals harden and begin to =
leak
(internal seals as well as external).  When pressure seals leak, the
clutches begin to slip.... and they're pretty thinly coated to begin =
with...
and then it's time to rebuild.

In Dallas, I've always just been able to walk into Repco Industries
(214-428-2858) and buy anything I needed.  It's common for these places =
stock and sell used hard parts, since they virtually last forever.

Here is a WHOLE LIST of places that supply transmission parts.  From =
this
list, you can probably find anything you would ever possibly need:

http://transmissiondirectory.com/industries_suppliers_folder/