IML: 1954 Imperial Options

HI All;
 For those that wanted to know, in 1954, power windows were standard, crank
windows would have needed to be special ordered if available at all.
Interestingly enough the radio was an extra cost option but the clock
wasn't, though I have never seen a 54' Imperial without a radio. Power
steering was an extra cost option but power brakes were standard. I can find
no mention of the dual outside mirrors that mine has but I am sure that it
was an extra cost item as they are very elaborate things. Also no mention in
the book of the Ausco-Lambert disk brake option on the custom series, no
surprise there as few would have bothered to spring for the extra $1000 to
have it.
 I don't know at what time during production that this booklet was published
but I believe that it was early on.
The reason that I mention this is that my car was originally painted a two
tone colour scheme not mentioned in this book, torch red with a white roof.
At the same time the interior scheme is different from what was offered, it
is actually three tone, red, black and cream, with a different weave of
fabric used in the seat and door panels. I know for a fact that my car was
produced sometime after March of 1954 as the back of the dash clock had that
production date.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A Left Side Tailight Bezel and other trim parts
(All were standard equiptment)

 http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1954/Leader/Page39.htm