Re: IML: Fuselage Era cars - 69-71

I believe I have seen ads from '69 for the fullsize Imperial-Chrysler-Plymouth-Dodge products in which the copywriters described the new design as "fuselage" style and even had photos of jet aircraft in the background to drive the design point home.
Funny, while fuselage is most closely associated with Chrysler products, I've seen a few ads/collectible car stories recently in which '71-'76 GM products are described as "fuselage"-style. Just like in '57, the Chrysler stylists caught the General napping, only to have GM come back and use Chrysler's own design to beat its brains out in the showroom.
Jim Kelly
Honolulu
'68 and '71