Re: IML: What to call the '67-68s

Ah, the endless debate!

Since we're kind enough not to call the '74-78 models the "Golden Fawn" era
(or to refer to the color by its less-flattering nickname) or call the
fuselages "Avocados," can't we pick an attribute that is common to all '67s
and '68s?

I still think of mine in architectural terms, and its interior is certainly
high Danish Modern, even if there are touches of art deco outside, as in the
taillamps.

And I agree with Rob that being the first Unibody on an Imperial is
significant.

And while boxcar seems to demote them to freight-train status, they are the
most angular, straight-lined and sharp-edged of the Imperials.

And to me, they seem to represent Elwood Engel's design signature the best
of all his work.

So they become the Uni-Dani-Angle-Engel Imperials... Oh, whatever. Can we
just call them the Newest Prestige Car in a Decade, like the '67 ads did?

Chris in LA
67 Crown (not Haze Green)
78 NYB Salon (not Golden Fawn)