IML: Excursion vs. Imperial

In addition to my Imperials, I also happen to have a F*rd Excursion, and I
found an interesting article reviewing the Exc*rsion when it came out, and I
found it interesting what they compared it to:

"In the world of production passenger cars and trucks, The Ford Excursion is
not the biggest. That honor goes to the Ford Crew Cab Long Bed Pickup, which
is about two feet longer. In fact, the 227 inch Excursion is smaller in
length than the 1970 Imperial and 1958 Lincoln (but only by a couple of
inches)."

So.... you '70 owners - rejoice!  (:-D)  And notice that they said
"Imperial", not "Chrysler Imperial".

Should anyone want the whole article, it is located here:
http://www.theautochannel.com/vehicles/new/reviews/2000/lweitzman_ford_excur
sion_2000.html

--Brooks in Dallas