Re: IML: '67/'68 Imperials (Why no moniker?)

Re: IML: '67/'68 Imperials (Why no moniker?)

Collectible Automobile,  October, 1991, pp 8-25 - "1962-1965 Lincolm
Continental : "Distinguished, Durable, Beautiful""

On page 11 there are a number of design proposals by Engel for the 1961
Thunderbird, which is what the 1961 Lincoln design started out as.  The top
left photo shows the rear of a clay model with very pronounced vertical
fender blades, very much like those on the 1967-68 Imperial.

The rear fender blades on Imperials can actually be traced back to the 1955
models.  Although perhaps not "blades", the vertical rear fender theme can
be seen as leading up to blades right through to 1963.   The 1964-66
Imperials sort of lost that strong vertical rear fender theme, and but it
was carried into the 1969-71 models and then through 1975 with the vertical
taillamps.

There is a white 1968 Imperial Crown convertible here in Vancouver.   What a
magnificent car!   Like all Imperials, it is even more impressive in real
life than it appears in photographs.

Bill
Vancouver, BC